http://www.newsweek.com/id/60443/output/print Dec 2003 Isikoff and Hosenball
tries to show why the Habbush Letter is fake.
1. fbi records for atta's position dont match the timeline of habbush letter very well
2. Hassan Mneimneh says its probably part of the forgery market in iraq, "There's an active document trade taking place ... You have fraudulent documents that are being fabricated and sold" for hundreds of dollars a piece.
3. "senior U.S. law-enforcement and intelligence officials" (gain with the anonymous sources. woodstein!) say its 'implausible'
4. FBI says 'highly unlikely'
5. Mneimneh says wording is 'too explicit' and IIS people didnt put stuff in writing
q: were chalabi and allawi rivals?
q: why did allawi and/or coughlin not try to authenticate more? or fight against the newsweek story?